VISA REQUIREMENTS FOR INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS
To obtain South African Study Permit, the student need to fulfill the following requirements and submit with Visa Application Form along with followings.
- Visa application form BI – 1738
- Your passport, which should be valid for at least 30 days more than the application period.
- Four passport size photo with white background
- An official letter from the institution in South Africa confirming your acceptance and detailing the duration of the course.
- A medical certificate and a radiological report (chest X-ray) or skin TB test.( Form BI- 806, BI – 811)
- The relevant permit fee (cash or bank-guaranteed cheque).Contact the nearest embassy for the latest fee.
- Proof that you are financially able to pay your tuition fees and have adequate means of support. You will need to submit three months’ worth of bank statements.
- Proof of medical or health insurance cover that is registered or recognized in South Africa.
- A repatriation guarantee. Unless you have a written undertaking of support from a South African, you will need to lodge a cash deposit equivalent to the value of a return ticket. In the case of African students, proof that your country has signed a written undertaking to pay costs for deportation should it become necessary. However, if your course is less than a year, or you will be attending a religious institution, you will be exempt from this requirement, and you only need a valid return/onward ticket.
- If you a minor – that is, under 18 – you will need written permission from both parents or sole custody parent, along with proof of sole custody.
- If you are a minor, you must supply particulars of the person in South Africa who will act as your guardian and a letter of confirmation from the intended guardian.
- Police clearance certificate.
- Yellow fever vaccination certificate.